Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Stratford Family Health Team. We strive to attract, hire and retain the very best candidates to help us maintain a high level of service to our patients.
Resumes can be sent as follows:
Mail or in person:
Stratford Family Health Team
Attention: Administrative Manager
Stratford Medical Centre
Second Floor, 444 Douro Street
Stratford, ON N5A 0E6
Medical Office Assistant – Full Time
The Stratford Family Health Team is group of physicians, allied health providers and administrative staff who provides over 25,000 people with comprehensive, patient-centered care. Come join us so that together we may enhance our primary healthcare services.
The Medical Office Assistant operates and maintains appointments, scheduling, and provides clerical, administrative support and reception functions.
- Communicate with, greet and serve all patients in an efficient, professional and respectful manner
- Direct all calls to the appropriate provider
- Schedule patient, specialist and diagnostic testing appointments
- Revise providers’ schedules as needed
- Maintain appointment scheduling template and an up-to-date resource and referral directory
- Prepare referral, consultation, information and invitation letters as directed
- Provide administrative support to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment education, counseling and health promotion programs and services
- Retrieve and maintain data as required
- Maintain inventory of necessary forms and administrative supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate or equivalent relevant work experience
- One to three years administrative support experience in a health setting
- Proficiency in electronic environments, use of computers and various software applications, and typing
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively with patients is essential
Please submit your resume to:
Join the Stratford Family Health Team!
The Stratford Family Health Team is celebrating our 10 year anniversary as a collegial group of 16 physicians, NP’s, RN’s, dieticians, pharmacy, chiropody, social work, psychology and administrative staff. Together we care for 25,000 patients.
Currently there is an opportunity to assume the practice of a physician retiring in the summer of 2018. The practice is entirely electronic with 1700 well managed patients. He is willing to consider continuing to practice on a part time basis for a period of 6-9 months to support the new practitioner, if interested. Existing staff are available to continue on in the practice and all office equipment will remain.